Ngongotaha Early Learning Centre
Welcome to Ngongotaha Early Learning and Childcare Centre. For many of you this will be the first step into childcare, we hope that this information will help you. It outlines our philosophy and tells you a little bit about our educators, activities and structure. All practical steps are taken so that each child is given the care, attention and encouragement to prepare them for a happy, well balanced and positive future.
Ngongotaha Early Learning and Childcare Centre at a glance:
- Ngongotaha Early Learning is locally owned and operated.
- Heather Brake and Olivia Bootten opened the childcare Centre in June 2009.
- Olivia is a Fully Registered Teacher and is the Head Supervisor who is responsible for all the Educators and ensures that all children’s learning needs are met.
- Heather is the Licensee of the Centre and responsible for all the administration, enrolling children, accounts/fees, Health and Safety.
- We have an Open Door policy and welcome you to come for a visit at any time of the day
- We are very proud as a Team to have achieved a great ERO Report on 06/10/2014 placing Ngongotaha Early Learning Centre a “Very Well Placed Centre” to promote positive learning outcomes for children based on curriculum through to governance. Copy found at www.ero.govt.nz
“To provide the best care for children and in partnership with parents and whanau to support children in achieving their learning potential”
We value every child’s individual culture, learning and development needs, we aim to meet and extend these to a place where the child and the family both feel comfortable, however no child will be excluded from any activity or daily routine.
We embrace and celebrate the significance of preverbal, new and existing languages and cultures: placing emphasis on Nga Tikanga and Te Reo Maori, which is woven throughout the day.
We believe in the importance of partnerships, developing honest and respectful relationships with children, their whanau and the local community.
Ngongotaha Early Learning is a child directed learning centre where the children choose their activities for the day and all educators will support them in this by supplying the resources and the guidance.
We value the diversity of our teaching team which combines and respects each other’s individual knowledge and teaching skills. The cooperative support and dedication of the team enables us to provide a peaceful and harmonious environment for all.
We enjoy our unique and safe, but challenging environment and take time to create aesthetically stimulating spaces where children can become confident and competent learners.
Our ‘open door’ policy means parents are welcome to visit and experience the day to day variety of activities and learning that we offer.